vendredi 4 avril 2014

It's all right in the war against weight?



By Patricia E Cherry

Expert Author Patricia E Cherry

People come in all shapes and sizes. Each of us is an individual and have many body shapes that we face. Except for identical twins , no two faces of the same.

However, many of us try to imitate the latest trends.

Ridiculous statements come from the press when it comes to fashion . " Breasts are fashionable " or " The look this fall is narrow hips ! " As if we can change our body shapes for fashion ! What happens next year when the breasts are back in fashion again?

But people fall for it , and try to plan to change its shape. If they can not , they will go for liposuction or plastic surgery.

People go to extreme measures to be thin. Some plans are just passing through starvation diets . The diet may seem emaciated , and I wonder what will happen to their bodies as they age .

Will they lose bone density?

Will they be able to fight against the disease?

There will be no nutrients in your body to fall back on when they are sick .

Can anyone define the point of danger today?

We have a BMI chart , which uses a table to show that we are underweight, overweight, obese or morbidly obese. A healthy BMI is supposed to be between 19 and 25 years. It is estimated that between 25 and 30 is overweight. 30 and 35 is in the overweight category and 35 below has morbid obesity.

I have a BMI of 26. But I'm healthier than I am, and I have friends who say the same thing themselves. Current studies are wondering if being in the overweight category is safer than normal weight.

However , we are still in the midst of an obesity epidemic. We ask people to be thin to be accepted , but the body become bigger! Therefore, we lose touch with the reality of what our body and just look what we should or should not eat.

We see people in restaurants, and if you are fat , we consider what they eat. We use expressions like "Oh , you're still good" I hate that phrase and is generally used only if you eat a salad !

When you eat out , what do you base your decisions on ?

How much time has elapsed since you have chosen what you really want?

Maybe your choice is based on what people will think !

There are many reasons why people choose what they will eat , but rarely for the right reasons . If you feel guilty and delivered probably say they'll be back on the diet tomorrow ! Or the person feels the need to explain why - if certain foods that can get a comment are ignored.

Often heard is the expression. "It 's not fair , she eats everything and never puts Oz " I remember when I was stuck in my days diet sitting at a bar with my husband and watch people have their dessert. I had not one, but looked longingly thought: " This is not fair , none of these people has a weight problem, but I do , and I 'm the one who goes without him " but the question is " what is not fair ? "

How do I know ? How could I tell anyone what I was doing at home? I was just watching what was happening in the pub at the time! I was outraged , but had no reason to feel this way. For all he knew she could go on a diet at home and ate for a gift!

Although I had weight problems in the past, and even though I 'm overweight for a stone in recent years, in fact over the last twenty years of my life , I was a size reasonable. Maybe this can be a little more weight , but by whose standards ?

I 've had people tell me , "Why do you worry about your weight? Do not have a weight problem. " They assume because I look thinner , there is no weight problem. They see all the hard work to be thin ! Then I must tell you that I am thin , because the work to be thin .

That said, however , I have no problem with my weight now, I decided exactly what I eat, and I 'll take it. It is ironic that now accuse me of being difficult! But it does not bother me at all, because it is much better to be worrying about losing weight!

Many people I know who have weight problems can not accept that we have a choice. Or we have to eat properly and not fall into sugary foods , starches or refined , or we catch being fat ! We can not have both. But he said : "It is not fair " is self- indulgence !

All this comes to mind today when I was with a friend who received a giant muffin ! She always asks me if I have something to eat when we have coffee outside . She can not accept that I am happy not to have something to actually eat !

When I am in the house of someone else, and I say no to something that offers me , they look so surprised and feel sorry for me because I can not have it. I can not convince them that I will not! They are judging my feelings, what it would feel to have to say no!

Another phrase I hear is " good for you, you have a strong will! " Words will always miss that! I do not have a strong desire to just accept that I have a choice . If I gain weight , I'll have a bagel. But I do not want to gain weight, so I do not have a bagel. Easy!

To lose weight and keep it requires a lot of work. Indeed, any goal requires work .

Tiger Woods started playing golf at the age of 2 !

At a concert pianist practices for hours every day to stay in shape.

There is no magic wand, but I can testify that pay at the end .

It is unfair that you can not lose weight? Or you can change your way of thinking?

I'm a weight management coach and I help people with weight problems and food by changing the way they think . I was a chronic dieter for over forty years, and then I realized that all regimes in the world will not make a difference until I change my mind and change my attitude to the respect not only the choice of food , but my lifestyle in general. I help people to see how they can change their way of thinking and beliefs and find a way out of the trap they are in constant need to lose weight and overcome what they believe is a failure in itself . Once you can get a belief in yourself and what you are, you're confident in yourself , and I know you will win. You can download my free book " Reflections of a Chronic Dieter" when you subscribe to my newsletter http://www.patriciacherrylifecoach.com . Look for my next book " 20 ways to cope with your struggle with weight. " Coming in September.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire